For workshops and masterclasses, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A) Improvisation (Jazz/Classical/Open) :
Opening up improvisational flow/control/ aims
- in rhythm , melody, harmony, form ( via Jazz repertoire, Song ,Classical repertoire analysis )
- personal derived strategies in these areas.
B) Jazz and Classical piano :
- ABRSM Trinity Grades/University Entry Prep, Performance/Exam/Audition prep
- repertoire choices
- scales, arpeggios excercises
- sight reading (internal recog of pitches,lengths,fingering, dynamics, phrasing, direction, tempo : checklist and timed practice) -aural tests,
- music knowledge .
C) Technique / Single Hand Technique :
- advice on hand shape
- approaches to excercies/isolation
- excercises derived from difficult phrases
D) Performance (physical + mental) prep :
- advice on preparing mind (Inner Game, Centering etc)
- body (relationships to sport,dance,martial arts) ,
- spirit (message/meaning/intentions of the music/link to personal comparable experiences)
- analysis of seating height at/distancefrom piano
- video study/biographical info of a number of pianists of differing physical type, relaxation,
- pre and post performance stretching regimes
E) Practice :
- structuring your time with flexibility
- setting+meeting aims/structuring sessions of differing lengths/with+ away from the piano
- prioritizing weaknesses
- performance mentality during practice,
- judgment of results (esp self recording),
- practice diary etc
Lessons usually include references to many of these areas, even if there is a primary focus/request.
Book Your First Lesson Online to Receive Priority Scheduling!
Using the button below, you can place a deposit on your first lesson and get a priority choice of time slots. Deposits will cover the full cost of the first lesson. Piano tuition starts at £20 for 30 minutes, but longer lessons are available. Choose your preferred length, enter your location and timezone, and click “Book A Lesson!” For questions or concerns about education programs, contact Robert directly via this link. All who write to Robert using this link will receive a free chart download of “Priceless”, a tune from Robert’s 2007 solo release, Equinox. Newsletter subscribers will receive a free mp3 download of “Priceless” as well.