For workshops and masterclasses, contact email@example.com.
A) Inspirational groups (multi genre/non musical) :
- Why they inspire (music, personalities, working style/ethic , sum greater than parts etc)
B) The band leader :
- What is required , gained, lost, traded to fulfill this role (RM opinion only!)
C) Reasoning :
- What does the ensemble represent ?
- Why do you want to begin one?
- Future aims?
- Dream lineup/ Consistent personnel/ flexible membership
D) Styles of running/rehearsal :
- Historical info from well known /lesser known bandleaders and conductors,
- RM personal experiences (as both leader and sideman, agent , promotor )
- the band meeting
- democracy : Some great ensembles sharing leadership.
E) Longevity :
- Examples of / Reasoning for some great short/long lived ensembles.
- Extraction/development of principles from these.
Book Your First Lesson Online to Receive Priority Scheduling!
Using the button below, you can place a deposit on your first lesson and get a priority choice of time slots. Deposits will cover the full cost of the first lesson. Bandleading tuition starts at £20 for 30 minutes, but longer lessons are available. Choose your preferred length, enter your location and timezone, and click “Book A Lesson!” For questions or concerns about education programs, contact Robert directly via this link. All who write to Robert using this link will receive a free chart download of “Priceless”, a tune from Robert’s 2007 solo release, Equinox. Newsletter subscribers will receive a free mp3 download of “Priceless” as well.